Enjoy the rich autumn colours and bountiful fall produce in beautiful Downtown Brooklin and Grass Park!
Businesses and restaurants on Baldwin Street invite you to shop sidewalk sales, pop into unique shops and meet the local owners.
- Date and time:
Saturday, September 9, 2017
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Grass Park, 41 Baldwin Street (Baldwin Street, Cassels Road and Roebuck Street)
This event is free to attend.
- More than 75 food and community vendors will offer fruits, vegetables, flowers, baked goods and other unique, homemade products.
- Families can enjoy the kids' zone, featuring a scarecrow scavenger hunt, petting zoo and comfortable adirondack chairs from which to take in the event's live entertainment.
- Local entertainment will captivate the crowd throughout the day.
Accessing the Event
Road closures: Harvest Festival is a pedestrian focused event. To provide safe, accessible aisles for pedestrian traffic the following roads will be closed from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 9:
- Baldwin Street North from Cassels Road to Way Street
- Roebuck Street
- Cassels Road East from Baldwin Street to Church Street
- Portions of Durham Street, Princess Street and Campbell Street
Driving: Highway 12 traffic will detour north of Brooklin at Columbus Road and south of Brooklin at Winchester Road. Access routes throughout Brooklin are available for local traffic.
Parking: Residents are encouraged to use active transportation to access this event. Limited parking is available in the following lots:
- Downtown Brooklin municipal parking lot (3 Vipond Road)
- Brooklin Community Centre and Library (8 Vipond Road)
- Brooklin Memorial Park (access off St. Thomas Street)
On-street parking is available in Downtown Brooklin - please obey all parking signs and by-laws.
Active Transportation: Residents are encouraged to walk, bike or use other forms of active transportation to access Harvest Festival. This event includes road closures and its pedestrian focused.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this event accessible?
Yes. Harvest Festival is an outdoor event, taking place on the streets of Downtown Brooklin.
- Can I bring my dog?
Yes, dogs are welcome as long as they are on a leash, under control of their owner and owner's pick-up after them.
- Are there shuttle buses/transportation for the event?
No. Harvest Festival is pedestrian focused and event goers are encouraged to use active transportation to access the event.
Thank You to our Sponsors
This year's event is proudly sponsored by Mount Lawn Cemetery, Trafalgar Castle School, Tim Horton's, Whitby Cooperators Group and Winchester Dental.
- Volunteer Opportunities
Information about the many volunteer opportunities at all Town of Whitby events can be found on our Volunteers page.
- Sponsorship Opportunities
Aspects of most Town of Whitby events are sponsored by local businesses and community organizations. To find out how your organization can contribute to Harvest Festival please contact the Sustainability, Heritage, Downtowns and Community Development office by email or phone 905.430.4306.
- Special Thanks
For 16 years, Grass Park was the home of Group 74's Brooklin Harvest Festival, which was in partnership with the Town of Whitby. The Town thanks Group 74 members for their years of dedication building this amazing community event.
Harvest Festival is an annual celebration that takes place on the second Saturday of September. Check back for the 2018 Harvest Festival date.