Celebrate Canada 150 in Victoria Fields with live performances, kids activities, fireworks and more!
- Date and time:
Saturday, July 1
12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. with fireworks at dusk
Victoria Fields - 345 Victoria Street West
This event is free to attend
- Fireworks at dusk
- Kids games, crafts, petting zoo and jumping castles
- Local entertainment throughout the day
- Waterski shows at Port Whitby Marina
Accessing the Event
Driving: If you're driving to the event please note that Henry Street is closed from Arthur Street to the North Whitby GO Station and OPP entrance. Victoria Fields can be accessed using Brock Street or Lakeridge Road from the north, Victoria Street from the east or west, and Gordon Street from the South.
Parking: Residents are encouraged to use active transportation, such as walking or biking, to access this event. A free bike valet is available to store and lock your bike.
Limited parking is available in the following lots:
- Whitby GO station (access only available on Brock Street and Victoria Street)
- Iroquois Park Sports Centre parking lot
- Water Street side lot (limited space)
Active Transportation: Residents are encouraged to walk, bike or use other forms of active transportation to access the event grounds.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I bring my dog?
- Yes, dogs are welcome as long as they are on a leash, under control of their owner and owner's pick-up after them.
- Are there shuttle buses/transportation for the event?
- There are no shuttle busses, but residents can access the event using Durham Region Transit.
- Will the construction on Henry Street affect the event?
- Yes, this will make accessing the event parking limited to Victoria Street only.
- Volunteer Opportunities
Information about the many volunteer opportunities at all Town of Whitby events can be found on our Volunteers page.
- Sponsorship Opportunities
Aspects of most Town of Whitby events are sponsored by local businesses and community organizations. To find out how your organization can contribute to Harvest Festival please contact the Sustainability, Heritage, Downtowns and Community Development office by email or phone 905.430.4306.
- Special Thanks
- Thanks to our sponsors: Bell, Menzies Chrysler, Fieldgate Homes, OPG and Highmark Homes.