Park Hours: Dawn - Dusk
Treat your dog(s) to some leash-free play time at the Town of Whitby's new Off Leash Dog Parks Presented by Augie Doggy. Your small dog can also participate since both Off Leash Dog Park locations have a fenced small dog area:
Cochrane Street North location:
Cochrane Street site located at the southern terminus of Cochrane Street, south of Winchester Road West (Highway 7) within the Heber Down Conservation Area.
Note: The Cochrane Street site requires all Off-Leash Dog and Trail users to pay for parking at the pay and display machine recently installed. An Annual Pass can also be purchased, which also covers all Central Lake Ontario Conservation Area parking fees and general admission fees for a period of one year from the date of purchase.
Jeffery Street South location:
Jeffery Street site located at the northern terminus of Jeffery Street, north of Victoria Street West, adjacent to the Lynde Shores Conservation Area
Whitby's Off-Leash Dog Parks are Presented by:
Whitby Animal Services
Off Leash Dog Park areas are patrolled by Whitby Animal Services. Animal Services Officers have the authority to ask you to leave off leash areas. It is the responsibility of all dog owners who use this facility to know and abide by all local and provincial dog laws.
To report any violations or incidents, please call Whitby Animal Services anytime at 905.655.0283.
Code of Conduct
Your cooperation is required for the safety of everyone.
Users of the Off Leash Dog Parks do so at their own risk. Dog handlers are legally responsible for the safety, conduct, and any injuries or damage caused by the dog(s) under their care while in the Off Leash Dog Parks. Please ensure compliance with the following rules:
- Immediately pick up after your dog and dispose of waste in the designated containers;
- All dogs must be licensed and vaccinated;
- The dog(s) must be leashed before entering and immediately exiting the Off Leash Dog Park;
- A maximum of three (3) dogs per owner/handler are permitted in the Off Leash Dog Park;
- Dog handlers must be 16 years of age or older to use the Off Leash Dog Park;
- Small children are not allowed within the Off Leash Dog Park;
- Dogs in heat, sick dogs, and aggressive dogs are prohibited from the Off Leash Dog Park;
- Dog handlers must have the dog(s) under verbal control and within sight at all times;
- Dog handlers must not allow the dog(s) under their care to dig hole(s);
- Food and breakable containers are not permitted in the Off Leash Dog Park; and,
- Limit the use of toys and treats to aid in the avoidance of dog to dog conflict.
It is not advisable to bring:
- Puppies under the age of 4 months.
- Injured, stressed or older dogs with hip dysplasia or arthritis.