Come Celebrate Canada Day in Whitby!
Enjoy kids zone, Adventure Zone, Arts Trail, Farmers’ Market, community and food vendors, water activities, music, displays and much more.
Victoria Fields, the Port Whitby Marina and the Whitby Yacht Club will be booming with live entertainment and activities for all ages.
The evening ends with fireworks!
Date & Time
- Monday, July 1
- Activities 1:00 to 7:00 p.m. with Fireworks at 10:00 p.m.
- This event is free to attend
- Kids Zone featuring: giant inflatables, slides, obstacle course, carnival games, face painting, petting zoo, balloon artists, kids archaeology dig, stilt walkers and more
- Food Trucks include poutine, BBQ’s, ice cream, pizza, sweets, pretzels, sandwiches, burgers & fries and carnival treats
- Farmers’ Market
- Adventure Zone includes reptiles from Reptilia
- Arts Trail situated along the Waterfront Trail highlights local artists, art activations, the Station Gallery Kids Pop Up Studio and cartoonist to name a few
- Whitby Yacht Club is open to the public featuring live music, Show and Shine Car Show, free stand up paddle boarding, opportunities to wander the docks and have lunch
- Water Activities:
- Take the Water Taxi between Port Whitby Marina and Whitby Yacht Club
- Antique Cars Police and Military vehicles display
- Harbour Lights Challenge right before the Fireworks at 10:00 p.m.
Schedule of Events
| Main Stage Entertainment Line-Up
| To be determined
Accessing the Event
Parking: Residents are encouraged to use active transportation, such as walking or biking, to access this event. A free bike valet is available to store and lock your bike.
A shuttle bus will be available at drop off points around the site including Whitby Go Station, Iroquois Park, the Whitby Yacht Club and Event Main Entrance.
Parking is available in the following lots:
- Whitby GO Station (access only available on Brock Street and Victoria Street)
- Iroquois Park Sports Centre parking lot
- The Whitby Yacht Club Parking Lot
- Water Street side lot (limited space)
- Gordon Street Lot (Boat Launch) (limited space)
- Charles Street Lot (limited space)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I bring my dog?
- Yes, dogs are welcome as long as they are on a leash, under control of their owner and owner's pick-up after them.
- Are there shuttle buses/transportation for the event?
- A shuttle bus will be available at drop off points around the site including Whitby Go Station, Iroquois Park, the Whitby Yacht Club and Event Main Entrance.
- What should I bring?
- Sunscreen, hats, umbrellas, blankets and lawn chairs.
- If you are staying for fireworks, please be prepared for wet grounds. Pack your blankets and lawn chairs!
- A refillable water bottle to use at the Quench Buggy Water Re-fill station.
Thank You to 2018 Our Sponsors
Fireworks Sponsor: Community Connections
Lead Sponsor: Tim Horton’s
Stage sponsor: Whitby Hydro
Supporting Sponsors: Menzies and Mount Lawn Arbour Memorial
Information about the many volunteer opportunities at all Town of Whitby events can be found on our Volunteer page.
Aspects of most Town of Whitby events are sponsored by local businesses and community organizations. To find out how your organization can contribute to Canada Day please contact the Manager of Advertising and Sponsorship Sales via email or phone 905.430.4300 x7488.
575 Rossland Rd E, Whitby, ON L1N 2M8