Whitby Seniors' Services is dedicated to keeping older adults engaged! If you're 55 years of age or older, consider joining a rich and vibrant social community and explore the endless possibilities of keeping an active, healthy lifestyle.
Whether you're interested in instructional classes, leisure programs, support services, or volunteer opportunities, Whitby Seniors' Services is sure to have something that's just right for you.
Seniors' Program Locations
Seniors' programs and services are offered at two conveniently located facilities.
Whitby Seniors' Activity Centre
801 Brock Street South
Brooklin Community Centre and Library
8 Vipond Road
Celebrate National Volunteer Week: April 7-13, 2019
The beautiful image of the hot air balloons of different sizes, shapes and colours reflects the diversity of community volunteers. It illustrates that when people volunteer together, the sky is the limit, in terms of what they can achieve.
From all of us at Whitby Seniors’ Services, we thank you for all that you do to make our programs and services very successful and we wish you a happy National Volunteer Week 2019!
What our volunteers are saying…..
Noreen Wild – Whitby Seniors Activity Centre Front Desk
- I've been volunteering at WSAC for 25 years.
- I was asked to volunteer when WSAC was the “Little Red Brick House”
- I have met and made a lot of new friends.
Darlene Owen - Seniors Supporting Seniors
- I have volunteered at WSAC for 13 years.
- Seniors Supporting Seniors was a new program that started by a government grant.
- I am blessed each week being able to come to do this program.
- I leave happy!
Ellen Doherty – Kitchen and Kozy Corner
- I have volunteered at WSAC and BCCL for 8 years.
- I enjoy the people and social side to volunteering.
Linda Beattie – Craft Group
- I have been volunteering for almost 15 years.
- The craft group ladies have made me feel welcome and happy.
- The ladies are wonderful and are my friends.
- They have helped me gain self-confidence.
Liz Watson - Front Desk, Special Events and Scottish Country Dancing
- I have been volunteering at WSAC for 22 years.
- I just moved to Whitby and did not know anyone until I found WSAC.
- It is nice to be involved, I enjoy the people. There is seldom a dull moment.