The Corporation of the Town of Whitby is committed to recognizing significant dates, occasions and contributions of non-profit or charitable organizations and public awareness campaigns. The courtesy flagpole is located at the front of the Whitby Municipal Building and is used to hold flags of other nations or for awareness campaigns.
Requests for Flag Raisings must be submitted to the Office of the Town Clerk at least four (4) weeks in advance of the event using the Flag Raising Request Form.
The Town Clerk will review each request in accordance with the Flag Raising Policy and list flag raising requests on an upcoming Council agenda for consideration and approval by Whitby Town Council. Once approved, correspondence will be provided to the organizer of the flag raising advising of the particulars of raising the flag.
Flags are raised at the front of the Town of Whitby Municipal Building before 9:00 a.m. on the date that has been approved unless a flag raising ceremony has been scheduled.
To arrange a flag raising, please contact 905-430-4300 ext. 2203 or firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about an available time and/or the attendance of any members of Council.
Please view our FAQ's for further information pertaining to flag raisings and flag raising ceremonies.
2018 Flag Raisings
- Scouts Canada - February 19 to 23, 2018
- Girl Guides of Canada - February 23 to 27, 2018
- Walk for Values - May 14 to 18, 2018
- International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia - May 18 to 22, 2018
- Pride Week - May 28 to June 1, 2018
2017 Flag Raisings
- Scout-Guide Week - February 22 to 23, 2017
- Girl-Guide Week - February 25 to 25, 2017
- Red Cross Month - March 20 to 22, 2017
- Epilepsy Awareness - March 23 to 27, 2017
- World Autism Awareness Day - April 3, 2017
- International Day Against Homophobia/Transphobia - May 17, 2017
- Walk for Values - May 18 to 22, 2017
- Pride Week - May 29 to June 4, 2017
- Durham College Week - September 5 to 9, 2017
- Grandview Kids Week - September 22 to 25, 2017
- Franco Ontarian Day - September 25 to October 1, 2017
- Global Entrepreneurship Week - November 13, 2017
2016 Flag Raisings
- BeADoner Month - April 24 to 29, 2016
- International Day Against Homophobia/Transphobia - May 17 to June 17, 2016
- Pride Week - May 30 to June 6, 2016
- Walk For Values - June 17 to 20, 2016
- Franco-Ontarian Day - September 21 to 26, 2016
- Trans Awareness Month - November 23 to 30, 2016