The Public Works Department is comprised of 3 service areas. Engineering Services, Operational Services and Transportation and Parking Services. Involved in several current studies and plans to improve our community, the Public Works Department is committed to providing the highest level of service to the residents of the Town of Whitby. We encourage residents to let us know how we may improve our service to you. Please view our introductory video or read our 2015 Strategic Direction Plan for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Experience the Power of Public Works
On May 24, the Town of Whitby’s Public Works Department invites residents of all ages to an Open House to experience what they do and how their work impacts daily life within the community.
When: Thursday, May 24, 2018, drop in from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Where: Whitby Operations Centre, 333 McKinney Drive
Event Highlights Include:
- Live equipment demonstrations
- 14 interactive booths with fun children’s activities
- Touch a Truck - climb into the driver seat of a variety of vehicles operated by Public Works – including garbage trucks, snow plows and more
- Cutting of a giant rice krispie cake at 2 p.m.
- Free BBQ from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. (while supplies last)
- Swag bags handed out to kids throughout the day
Note: Parking is available in the Operations Centre or McKinney Centre parking lots.