As the Town continues to experience new and exciting growth, it is equally important to ensure the administrative headquarters is reflective of the community’s needs now and well into the future.
The redevelopment of Whitby’s Civic Centre is a multi-year project focused on expanding, and optimizing the existing site into an innovative and sustainable community hub for all.
New Garden Street Branch Office
A few Town services and programming have moved to the Town’s new Garden Street Branch Office located at 3050 Garden Street (Garden Street and Rossland Road).
This includes Building, By-Law and Licensing, Engineering Parking and Transportation.
You will now find the following programs and services at the new branch office:
- Building (Planning and Development Department) – This includes inspection, review and approvals for all building construction permits and applications.
- By-Law and Licensing (Legal and By-Law Services Department) – This includes education and enforcement of a variety of regulatory and licensing by-laws such as fencing standards, noise concerns, property standards, sidewalk snow and ice removal and more.
- Development Engineering and Environmental (Public Works) – This includes technical engineering review and approvals for development projects,
- Engineering and Infrastructure (Public Works) – This includes roads and roads-related municipal infrastructure such as stormwater management ponds, street lighting, roads, bridges, storm sewers and sidewalks and engineering permits for curb cuts, road occupancy permits, driveway entrance culverts and more.
- Transportation and Parking Services (Public Works) – This includes short-term on-street parking registration, payment of parking tickets, ticket review booking and transportation.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve our services as part of the Town Hall redevelopment project.
Click here to download a map of the new location.