The Whitby in Bloom Committee (WIBC) promotes civic beautification and pride through programs, partnerships, and education focusing on horticultural, landscape, and environmentally responsible projects. The Whitby in Bloom Committee is responsible for:
- Supporting the development of community partnerships;
- Providing input to Town staff regarding marketing, planning and event development;
- Promoting volunteer recruitment; and,
- Supporting fundraising and sponsorship activities.
Membership: 1 Member of Council, up to 12 Citizen Appointments
- Councillor Maleeha Shahid (Mayor's Designate)
- Matt Powers (Staff Liaison)
- Kim Tafertshofer (Staff Liaison)
- Kathy Allam (Vice-Chair)
- Jane Austin
- Susan Green (Chair)
- Karen Lyons
- Patti Mavins
- Wendy Nunn
- Rita Reddox
- Leslie Tate
- Robert Toyama
- Stacey Kerr (Whitby Sustainability Advisory Committee Representative)
Meeting Dates, Agendas and Minutes
Communities in Bloom Program
The Towns Whitby In Bloom Committee has created programs and activities based on the international CiB Program. Municipalities can enter one of several CiB programs annually. Municipalities who participate in the evaluated category of the CiB program must create a Community Guide Book. This book provides all the information that the judges are looking for and is a wonderful reference for residents. To learn more about Communities in Bloom click here.
Keep Blooming Whitby!
Share your photos and garden stories by tagging us on Twitter or Facebook @Townof Whitby. We look forward to hearing from you and sharing your updates!